We work to help people everywhere.

The Club is a non-profit service organization.

For more than 113 years, Woman’s Club of Ramsey has helped to better the lives of people in our community and in the nation.  We address the concerns of the sick, the disabled and the needy, while also supporting local schools, the library, the historical society and the arts. The Club is a 501C3 not-for-profit, non-partisan and nonsectarian volunteer service organization.

At a recent NJSFWC Ramapo District Spring Conference, Club President Marjorie Detweiler reported on the accomplishments of the Ramsey Woman’s Club.
The Federation flower is the lily of the valley, and the Federation colors are buff and Continental blue.

Many of our projects are suggested by the New Jersey State Federation of Women’s Clubs and the General Federation of Women’s Clubs.  We benefit from their expertise, but maintain the freedom to mold their projects to suit Ramsey’s needs. 

Woman’s Club of Ramsey belongs to the Ramapo District of NJSFWC. Founded in 1894, NJSFWC is the largest volunteer women’s service organization in the state, with 8,000 members in more than 200 clubs throughout New Jersey. NJSFWC partners with Douglass Residential College at Rutgers University to provide scholarship programs and other benefits.

NJSFWC is part of the international GFWC. Chartered by Congress in 1910, GFWC is the world’s oldest and largest women’s volunteer service organization. GFWC clubs helped establish three out of four of America’s public libraries, supported the first child labor laws, and helped develop programs for senior safety, suicide prevention, and alcohol and drug abuse education.